Thursday, May 14, 2009

What I think now

I've been in Japan for almost nine months now. I came here with high hopes. I spent the entire bus ride from the airport to the university's dorm smiling. And now, while not disenfranchised per se, I would say that I have a more realistic view of Japan. Japan is just another place like any other. There are feats of titanic engineering brilliance such as the Tokyo Tower;
And places of natural beauty such as the famous さくら (sakura) or cherry blossoms for those of you who do not know any Japanese.And there is everything in between. But, for as special as Japan and Japanese enthusiast I don't think it is. At least, no special then anyother country of the world. That is one thing that this blog has really helped me realize. Japan has many unique qualities but so does every country. I have really enjoyed my time here, both in Japan and working on this blog, I am happy to leave and explore other parts of the world.

1 comment:

  1. A place not unlike any other, a place not like any other... Good luck with your future travels and adventures.

    ReplyDelete